MASS is made by reviewers you can trust
MASS Research review content is independent, unbiased and created by some of the smartest people in the industry.
Eric Helms Ph.D., CSCS
- Ph.D. in strength and conditioning from Auckland University of Technology (AUT) in New Zealand, M.S. in exercise science, a second Master’s in sports nutrition, B.S. in fitness and wellness.
- Senior Research Fellow for AUT since 2017 at the Sports Performance Research Institute in New Zealand (SPRINZ) in the Strength and Conditioning and Sports Physiology and Nutrition research groups where he mentors masters and Ph.D. students studying strength and physique sport science.
- Coach for drug free strength and physique competitors at all levels, including two former IPF World Champions and multiple natural bodybuilding professional champions, as part of Team 3D Muscle Journey.
- WNBF professional natural bodybuilder who also competes in unequipped powerlifting, weightlifting and strongman.
Michael Zourdos Ph.D., CSCS
- Ph.D. in exercise physiology, M.S. in applied health physiology, and a B.S. in exercise science and is a tenured professor.
- Over 15 years as an active scientific researcher focusing specifically on strength athletes with regular publications in peer-reviewed journals in exercise science and strength sport.
- Head powerlifting coach of FSU’s 2011 and 2012 state championship team.
- Coached powerlifters to IPF Raw World Team Appearances.
- Has written programming for a WNBF and Yorton Cup World Champion Natural Bodybuilder through his company Training Revolution, LLC.
- See his research profile here.
Lauren Colenso-Semple M.S., CSCS
- Ph.D. candidate in Integrative Physiology at McMaster University.
- M.S. in Exercise Science (University of South Florida), B.A. in Psychology, Nutrition (State University of New York at Buffalo).
- Regularly publishes peer-reviewed articles in exercise science journals with a focus on female physiology and endocrinology, sex-based differences and mechanisms of muscle growth.
- Expert fitness professional with years of practical experience and certifications in strength & conditioning, sports nutrition, group fitness, and personal training
Eric Trexler Ph.D., CSCS*D, CISSN
- Ph.D. in Human Movement Science from UNC Chapel Hill, and has published dozens of peer-reviewed research papers on various exercise and nutrition strategies for getting bigger, stronger and leaner.
- Pro natural bodybuilder and sports nutrition researcher.
- Several years of University-level teaching experience, and has been involved in coaching since 2009.